Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Where to get a live streaming camera for RC helicopter?

rc helicopters
 on RC Helicopters - IHOBBYCENTRAL
rc helicopters image



Amy


Where can I get a camera that can live stream to an android phone for an RC helicopter or quadcopter? I'm not even sure what to search on google. I have tried a few things but really no results.
I haven't bought the helicopter or quadcopter yet. I am looking for the camera first, then get something that can support it. GoPro are out of my price range.



Answer
Go to a computer store or the place you got the RC helicopter and ask for help there

What kind of rc helicopter should I be getting?




Chance


My dad is going to be getting me something for Christmas, $85 limit. I want a rc helicopter. Ive only had cheap walmart ones before, so i need some expertise. Im wanting a namebrand fairly decent sized helicopter that will be able take some minor crashes. I did a little research and it seems that the Align T-Rex 250 is decent. Any ideas? Remember I have $85 to spend, including taxes and shipping.


Answer
I wouldn't recommend the Align T-Rex 250, and it's over the budget anyways? The smaller the helicopter, the more crashes it can resist, and the cheaper the replacement parts are. Just the battery looks like it's 3 times more expensive than a mini helicopter, and you will need extra batteries if you would like to fly for more than 10 minutes.

Do you have a radio/controller already? If you do, you could buy the BNF version of the helicopter and it will be cheaper. If you don't, then look for the RTF version that comes with a radio/controller.

The Blade MCX RTF is $80 at Horizon Hobby
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-mcx-rtf-EFLH2200
It's a coaxil heli, so you will have to fly it indoors and outdoors only when it's not too windy. It can take a good beating, better than the t-rex, and the parts are pretty cheap.

These 3 are some I have looked at while I was doing research about rc helicopters when I wanted to purchase one. These are fun, you won't be able to do 3D tricks with them though. It depends how many channels was the one you had, these are 3 channels and good practice.

The Syma S107 is $27 at amazon. It's a beginner helicopter, but it's small and reviews say it does good in taking crashes (4 out of 5 stars).

The Helizone Combat fighter 3.5 Channels looks fun. It's $36.99 on amazon, and you can look up videos on youtube.

The Syma S107C has a built in camera, and it's $39 on amazon.


I purchased the Nano CP X BNF, and a DX6i receiver, and depending your age and experience, this is not a beginner one. But it's just something to look for in the future if you want to get into the hobby. The heli cost me $160 online, and the reciever/controller (DX6i) cost me $70 USED.


You could also suggest to him to look on craigslist for used ones, don't be uptight about it and demand a new one if your father can't afford ones over $85. I bought the DX6i for my boyfriend from craigslist, and it came in original box and everything, for less than half the price, and he loves it anyways. You could find a used Blade MCX or MCX2 for a really good price, and if it's from a person that looks like it's their hobby, it will probably be very well taken care of.


you or your father should check out this forum's for sale threads:
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

you can also feel free to ask questions on there, or check out the "newbie" section for advice, there has been many people also asking for a beginner heli, so you can read the responses.

Don't try to get a "professional" type helicopter because for those you need to make a bigger investment than just the helicopter. For an advanced heli you need an advanced radio, not the ones it comes with, and you will need to purchase a simulator to practice on because crashing the helicopter will cost you a lot of money!

Goodluck and have fun :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where to get a live streaming camera for RC helicopter?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment