Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mechanics, and general clever people, i need help with an invention!?

mini rc helicopter iphone
 on Build your own mini RC Helicopter | Hack N Mod
mini rc helicopter iphone image



John Daily


Ok, so, I am 15, and I have some birthday money to spend. This sounds far-fetched, but I've consulted my clever friends and they say its, somewhat possible. Let me give some background info: take the iPhone 4S, its arguably the most well known phone, the camera is 8MP which is very decent. The actual component costs I believe about $15-20 which is fairly cheap for such an expensive gadget. Would it be possible and HOW would I go about making a, well, essentially a very small flying camera which I would control from my laptop. I'm no genius with things like this so I need advice. I would need a small say, 5MP camera which can film in 720p? I would want the overall thing to be about 1cm in area. How does it fly? To be honest, I don't know, remote control? Is that possible? Basically I would like to control it from my laptop and it would stream the video to me, thus meaning the flying camera, lets call it the flycam, wouldn't need to hold memory. The range it could fly is to be honest as long as possible without sacrificing size. So components would be: camera, some sort of casing, a processor(?), a receptor to send images to my laptop. May I state I do NOT intend to use this device for perverted use haha. I just think it would be a great idea. The gadget I have described is my ideal overall flycam and I just really want to know if its possible and if so, how I go about making it. Thanks loads :)


Answer
First off, kudos for being so creative and thinking about stuff like this; you'd probably make a good engineer.

Next, my main initial question is how do you want the camera oriented? It could be pointing either forward or downward, either on the front or bottom of an RC plane, helicopter, or mini hot air balloon. There are TONS of "vehicles" you can use; you'll probably want to decide that first.

There are a few parts that you'll need regardless of the design. I would go to a hobby store when they have things like RC planes, and ask them what electronics you'd need. But as for the rest, you need to think about how to get the rest of it to work together. The enclosure shouldn't be too thick, so you can actually transmit video back to your laptop.


(Also, you must've meant an area of 1cm²)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Mechanics, and general clever people, i need help with an invention!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment