Wednesday, March 19, 2014

why is it so hard to fly this mini rc helicopter. can anyone give me any tips or show me a vid so i can learn?




Neil J





Answer
Sorry you're having difficulties... but as Super-Sabre said, helicopters are difficult to fly... fixed-wing fliers love to refer to them as a collection of parts flying in close formation.

I'm not an RC guy, but I AM a former helicopter crewman with 5000+ hours in the back and 224 hours flying up front.

The FIRST (and hardest) thing to learn is to hover: Apply power to get the bird light on the skids while applying tail rotor to keep the nose pointed straight. Raise the bird to about 2 feet.... and hold it there using SMALL control inputs. Next you learn to raise it to a stable hover and TURN the nose left and right to the major points of the clock: 3, 6, 9, and noon. Next you learn to side-slip the bird around a box (lets say with 10 foot sides).... first, pointing in ONE direction, and then with the nose always pointed inward.

I wish I could find a video, but I'm not an RC kinda guy... just a former pilot. GOOD LUCK

How do you keep a stable flight?




Mike


I have a little Dyna Blade RC mini helicopter. I understand how trimming works and the controls but am wondering if there any tips that I can use to keep the helicopter stable. It seems to want to wander all over the place even when i'm trying to just hover and keep the tail in one place. Any suggestions?


Answer
well... not for that helicopter. I looked it up, and it seems to have only 2 channels? Is that correct? Coaxial helicopter? well... 2 or 3 channels, im positive its an coaxial helicopter. Tell me if im wrong, and i'll give you the proper information.

So you can't do much to stablise the helicopter. You could try adding an equal amount of tape on the tip of the helicopter blades. It helps stabilise the propellers, thus stabilising flight. But don't add too much... It could cause the helicopter to use more power and give you less flight times.

Another thing to do, is fly in a bigger space. If you are in a space room, the reflective wind will hit your helicopter, creating the helicopter to move in the direction of the wind.

Thats pretty much all I could tell you to do with the helicopter you have.

If the helicopter is new, and is not a 3 channel helicopter, I would suggest returning it and getting the Air Hogs Reflex. I had that helicopter, and it is amazing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: why is it so hard to fly this mini rc helicopter. can anyone give me any tips or show me a vid so i can learn?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment