Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm looking for a good RTF rc helicopter for intermediate flyer?

mini rc helicopter kit
 on Thunder Tiger MINI TITAN E325 SE RC HELICOPTER KIT with MOTOR ...
mini rc helicopter kit image



Matt


I have a Syma mini that I can control really well and I'd like to get a helicopter that has a little more control and that I can fly outside. I looked at the Revell Proto CX but it seems alot like what I already have. I also like the ready to fly option too. Thanks


Answer
I have a Syma mini as well (I just found out what it's called thanks to this question!) and if I were you I would move on to a model that has a swash plate. That way you get a helicopter that functions exactly like a real one, none of these toys. :P Beware though, they are MUCH harder to fly so expect a bunch of crashes. They are also far more powerful and can be flown in a light breeze outside. However, there aren't many RTF kits. I personally love building them but each to their own. If you are willing to build them (if you get a kit that has everything that you need) I recommend a T-Rex 250, they are awesome. I'll be honest; being able to fly one of these counter-rotating helicopters probably doesn't bring you to an intermediate level. If you don't want to build one at all, get the SKYARTEC Wasp Belt 250, it looks like a nice piece of kit.

whats the best micro and mini sized heilcopter with the best gyro?




spartain00


and is about under a foot and at lest have replaceable parts or upgradeable parts


Answer
I always try to steer people away from cheap Chinese junk like Syma... But I have to admit the price is right. Just keep in mind that this is really a disposable helicopter. The quality control is horrendous and you will get no support from the manufacturer. Yes, some spare parts are available, but the design and engineering that goes into these cheap toys leaves a lot to be desired. As a for instance, the speed controls on Syma copters do not have any sort of LiPo cut off, so it can be very easy to ruin the battery.

For just $30 more you can get a true hobby grade helicopter with real manufacturer support if something goes wrong. For micro look at the Blade Scout: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-scout-rtf-3-ch-heli-BLH2700

For mini's, you have a lot more choices. Align makes some really fine helicopters, as does Blade. In my opinion, one of the better quality of the minis:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_382_707/products_id/220852/n/Align-T-Rex-100X-Super-Combo-Electric-RTF-Micro-Helicopter-Kit

Here is a list of quite a few micro's and minis:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=2_382_707&n=RC-Helicopters-Kits-Micro-Mini&sort=prl&filter_mfr=

Lastly, I would suggest purchasing a copter at a local hobby shop. That way you'll have local parts support and won't be waiting for the mail to arrive with a replacement part. You can just drive down the road and pick it up the same day if something breaks. A broken copter sitting on the workbench waiting for parts isn't much fun. Not to mention almost every hobby shop will have a knowledgeable person behind the counter to ask questions!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm looking for a good RTF rc helicopter for intermediate flyer?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment