Friday, December 27, 2013

What RC heli should I buy?

mini rc helicopter design
 on novo design baratos mini 3ch atacado helic�ptero do rc-Brinquedos com ...
mini rc helicopter design image



Tactical


I'm 15 and I wanted to get an RC helicopter. I've only had one mini helicopter before but I want to get an Intermediate helicopter, because I'm buying it with my own money and it will most likely be a one time purchase. My budget is only $200.00. I only want the single rotor design (Not coaxial). It needs to be durable and perhaps fast. Also, I would like it to be able to go backwards, forwards, side to side, up, down, hover, and turn left and right (for some reason I think that's called 6 channel). If you could also help me with my terminology, That'd be great. Thanks!


Answer
For 200 dollars, you could get an airhogs, but they're for little kids. search for local hobbystores near to you and see if they have something like that.

Simple Model Helicopter???




jjlucash


If I were to take a battery-operated rotary motor (from one of those pocket/mini fans), and attach large model helicopter blades to it (in order to compensate for any weight from the body of the helicopter), would it lift off the ground?

Better yet, let me rephrase: If I were to take a battery-operated rotary motor, and attach large model helicopter blades to it, would the model lift off the ground?

*The model will have a tether so I won't lose it.
I haven't built anything yet, but for now, I want the model simply to go upward.



Answer
Radio Controlled (RC) helicopters are model aircraft which are distinct from RC airplanes because of the differences in construction, aerodynamics, and flight training. Several basic designs of RC helicopters exist, some more maneuverable than others (such as helicopters with collective pitch). The more maneuverable designs are often harder to fly, but benefit from greater aerobatic capabilities.

Flight controls allow pilots to control the collective and throttle (usually linked together), the cyclic controls (pitch and roll), and the tail rotor (yaw). Controlling these in unison enables the helicopter to perform most of the maneuvers an aeroplane can do, and many that aeroplanes cannot, such as hovering and backwards flight; in this manner, they are quite similar in operation to full-sized helicopters.

The various helicopter controls are effected by means of small servo motors. A piezoelectric gyroscope is typically used on the tail rotor (yaw) control to counter wind- and torque-reaction-induced tail movement. This "gyro" does not apply a mechanical force, but rather, electronically adjusts the control signal to the tail rotor servo.

The engines used are typically methanol-powered two-stroke motors, but gasoline, jet turbine and increasingly electric brushless motors combined with a high-performance lithium polymer battery are also used.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What RC heli should I buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment