Saturday, June 14, 2014

The tail rotor on my Mini RC helicopter broke and I have a replacement but I need help.?




seth w


I have the replacement, but when I put it on, it spirals out of control. If I look at the original and the replacement, they look identical!

What is wrong and how can I fix it?



Answer
You need to make sure you have the tail rotor oriented correctly. It is possible to install a tail rotor backwards in some cases, which would just make your heli spin like crazy.

I could give you a better answer if I could see/knew exactly what type of tail rotor you have. However, generally the tail rotor must blow air to counter the rotation of your main rotor blades.

E.g.:
- if your main blades rotate clockwise
- tail rotor pushes the tail clockwise also

This stops the tail's tendancy to rotate counter to the direction of the main rotor blades.

Alternatively, depending on the type of heli, you may have issues with your tail gyro adjustment, tail gyro direction setting, or tail servo linkage adjustment.

Hope that helps

whats the best micro and mini sized heilcopter with the best gyro?




spartain00


and is about under a foot and at lest have replaceable parts or upgradeable parts


Answer
I always try to steer people away from cheap Chinese junk like Syma... But I have to admit the price is right. Just keep in mind that this is really a disposable helicopter. The quality control is horrendous and you will get no support from the manufacturer. Yes, some spare parts are available, but the design and engineering that goes into these cheap toys leaves a lot to be desired. As a for instance, the speed controls on Syma copters do not have any sort of LiPo cut off, so it can be very easy to ruin the battery.

For just $30 more you can get a true hobby grade helicopter with real manufacturer support if something goes wrong. For micro look at the Blade Scout: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/blade-scout-rtf-3-ch-heli-BLH2700

For mini's, you have a lot more choices. Align makes some really fine helicopters, as does Blade. In my opinion, one of the better quality of the minis:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_382_707/products_id/220852/n/Align-T-Rex-100X-Super-Combo-Electric-RTF-Micro-Helicopter-Kit

Here is a list of quite a few micro's and minis:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=2_382_707&n=RC-Helicopters-Kits-Micro-Mini&sort=prl&filter_mfr=

Lastly, I would suggest purchasing a copter at a local hobby shop. That way you'll have local parts support and won't be waiting for the mail to arrive with a replacement part. You can just drive down the road and pick it up the same day if something breaks. A broken copter sitting on the workbench waiting for parts isn't much fun. Not to mention almost every hobby shop will have a knowledgeable person behind the counter to ask questions!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: The tail rotor on my Mini RC helicopter broke and I have a replacement but I need help.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment