Thursday, May 22, 2014

Best indoor RC helicopter and durable outdoor RC airplane?




RBot1


My wife wants an RC airplane more than anything. I bought her a cheap one last year, and she crashed it on it's first flight and it tore to shreds (due to some light wind). I got it replaced, but she's now afraid to take it out even in the slightest of wind.

So, I would like to get her an indoor RC helicopter (for beginners - it has to be pretty stable and be able to take a few crashes while learning, mind you) AND an RC airplane for the outdoor - one that is much more durable, and maybe can fly in a small amount of wind.

I've been looking at Air Hogs vehicles (such as the Havoc Heli), and they look durable and great, but there's so many to choose from, I need some help chosing. Or, if there is a differnet company/vehicle that you would recommend. I am buying her one of each so she can go outside, but stay in if it's too windy...

Thanks a bunch, guys!



Answer
You are in the right field for the aircrafts you want. The Air Hogs are very durable. I personally started out with the Air Hogs product line and eventually expanded out.
For indoors, you could get the Air Hogs Havoc helicopter. It is a fun indoor only helicopter. If you let go of the throttle before the crash, the helicopter should be very durable and will last a long time. This goes for about $30.

The Air Hogs Aero Ace is a very durable indoor/outdoor plane. This plane was a big hit. People flew these indoors and outdoors. I fly this plane outdoors when there are no winds or light winds outside. Sometimes I fly this plane so high, I could barely see it! It is fun for just $30. I think the price went up though...

If you want to expand some more, you could check out horizonhobby.com and look for the E-Flite Blade MCX and the Ultra-Micro P-51. These are small planes as well. Be advised though, the Ultra-Micro P-51 is for more advanced flyers... it isn't as durable as the other planes.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ3600

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH2200

Need advice on purchasing an RC helicopter.?




SonnyAngel


I am getting my dad an RC helicopter as a present. He had a small cheap Styrofoam one that had a bad connection. Despite all that, my dad really enjoyed playing with it. I think its time for him to move on to a bigger toy. Is there anything you would suggest, brands, frequencies that would work better.

Thank you!



Answer
Ok, I think I know what helicopter your dad might have flown. Now, I do not know if you could afford this or not, but you will need ~$200 USD. There is a Blade CX 2 by E-Flite that is a good co-axial helicopter for a step up from beginners. This runs at around $189.99. If you want something a little more cheaper, try the Heli-Max Axe EZ. These run at $169.99. Great co-axial helicopters that make it easy to hover. These are all 6 channel helicopters that manipulate real helicopter flight. Once your father masters this helicopter, he could move onto the Collective Pitch helicopters which are a little more advanced.

oh yes, sorry, I forgot! If you could wait, there is a smaller and cheaper helicopter you could get called the Blade mCX. Micro Coaxial helicopter. A great heli!



Here are the links:
Blade MCX:
http://e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH2200

Blade CX2
http://e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1250

Heli Max Axe EZ:
http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/hmxe05-index.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best indoor RC helicopter and durable outdoor RC airplane?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment