Thursday, February 13, 2014

Does anyone know of a good R/C plane or helicopter for under 100 dallars?




Addison


I want one that charges from the charger in 5-10 minutes (something like that). I've had one that charged from a wall charger or car but i didnt like that one - it took like 45 minutes nad was a piece of crap anyway. i see them in catalouges and online but i dont know if their good or not. if anyone has a good one or knows a friend with a good one like that can you please tell me. Thanks.


Answer
If you're taking indoors get the Havoc Helicopters.
http://www.amazon.com/Spinmaster-Hogs-Havoc-Heli-Colors/dp/B000NSFO3W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-7785282-1347854?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1194433062&sr=8-2

Or the Palm Z mini indoor plane:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/93cf/

How long do I charge my Honeybee FP heli (stock) battery for?




sls.spec


Okay, I got my Honeybee FP in the mail today. I'm trying to charge the stock battery (I'll charge the others later on). It's an ESky 8.4v 650mAh NI-MH (Ek1-0100).

It doesn't say how long to charge the battery for. The manual literally says "During the charging process, you can determine whether the battery is fully charged as follows:

1. Voltage measurement:
Use a voltage indicator. This is the best way.

2. Temperature:
When charging, examine the temperature of the battery all the time. When the temperature of the battery is rising, it shows that the charging is close to finish. Please turn off the charger.

3. Calculation of the charging time.:
charging time = capacity of the battery/charging current."


Why does this poor English translation not surprise me? I guess I should have known they would give me a charger that doesn't even have a stupid indicator light on it to tell me when the battery is charged.
Is there a specific amount of time anyone charges their battery for?

I'm dividing the capacity of the battery (volts or mAh's?) by the charging current.

The charger output is: 12VDC 300mA. The charger itself gets very hot after being plugged in for just a few minutes...but I don't feel the battery warming. Can something give me a time estimate...how long do you charge yours for? I can see that this is going to get annoying, and I'm going to have to get a charger that will actually give me some sort of indication that the battery is fully charged.



Answer
Hi,
If you have 650mAh batteries and are using a charger that charges at 300mAh, then a typical charge will be a bit over 2 hours.
The first few times that you charge and discharge the pack, it will not deliver full capacity. So the heli may be underpowered. After 4 or 5 charge cycles, it should be better.

You might want to read up on the dedicated RC heli forums.
http://www.rcgroups.com/micro-helis-42/
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Helicopter_Beginners_Forum/forumid_165/tt.htm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Electric_RC_Helis/forumid_167/tt.htm
http://www.rcgroups.com/mini-helis-374/

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know of a good R/C plane or helicopter for under 100 dallars?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment